EPS is popularly known as one of the best materials to manufacture buoys, pontoons and floats as it has excellent physical properties. Moreover it is light in weight and has good buoyancy and resilience properties.
Generally Buoys, Pontoons and Floats are working based on Archimedes principle i.e. “Any floating object displaces its own weight of fluid”
Technically speaking there is no standard design, shape or pattern for buoys, pontoons and floats, rather, it is purely customized based on the nature of the application. It is not necessarily that buoys are made only with EPS as core material, nevertheless, if specifications demand STYRO has the knowhow to manufacture the Buoys with high density PUR either with water proof coating or without coating.STYRO offers value added service for buoys. It can be manufactured with extra fittings, handling accessories or with high tensile Steel / PP rope & cloth encapsulation if needed with glossy finish water proof fiber glass coating as well.
- High density PUR cylindrical buoys with handling accessories for pipe pulling / handling applications at seashore areas.
- EPS floating buoys with PP rope and Orange cloth encapsulation to distinguish diving and fishing area.
- UV proof Fiber glass coated floating buoys with EPS as core material for weather probing at seashore area.
- Marking Buoys/ Signage buoys – taken on dives by scuba divers to mark their position underwater, to distinguish fishing and diving area to allow boats and ships to navigate safely .
- Life-buoy / Surfing buoys – used as a lifesaving buoy designed to be thrown to a person in the water to provide buoyancy
- Pontoons as floating platforms for Boat / Yacht landing area, or at fishing area.
- Simple EPS fishing net floats with square / rectangular / cylinder / sphere shape.
- Floatation applications.
- Buoyancy applications.
- Used in marine areas for floating platforms.
- Floating bridges.
Last but not the least STYRO can source out or rent out high quality Inflatable Buoy Units (IBU).
Benefits of Styro EPS for Pontoon and Buoy
- Does not harm marine life.
- Does not react to/with salty water
- Extremely light-weight
- Customized pontoon shapes possible
- Easy to handle at site, easy to deploy/install