STYRO beads are light weight, white color, fire retardant, pearl shaped, closed cell Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) beads, the diameter of the beads normally ranges from 3 to 12 mm with apparent density of 8-15 Kg/m3.
STYRO beads are also widely consumed by the ready-mix suppliers for light weight screed production, which has remarkable characteristics of thermal cum Acoustic properties used by the construction industries.
Normally EPS beads are mixed with concrete to increase its thermal rating and reduce its weight per cubic meter, which results in significant saving in structural cost.
STYRO beads come in 2 types, the Virgin beads and the re-ground beads. Virgin beads are perfectly smooth and spherical in shape, approximately 3 -12 mm in diameter. They are denser than the re-ground beads so they support tightly with their round shape.
Re-ground beads are large block of polystyrene (Styrofoam), grounded to make small beads with approximately 3 – 15 mm diameter. They are also known as pre-consumer recycled beads, designed to carry out the environment friendly campaign of re-cycling.
• Used in light weight screed
• Bean bags for comfort sittings
• Precast components
• Loose fill
• Packing fragile items
• Toys fillings
• Soil loosen for gardening
• Flower pots
• Excellent insulation and acoustic properties
• Virtually zero water absorption
• Compatible with ready-mix
• Free flow with pumping equipment
• Fire-retardant and self-extinguish
• Contains No CFC, HCFC or its elements, thus environmental friendly
• Light in weight and white in color