STYRO EPS Landscaping – lightweight fill application
- Landscaping shapes can be done by using conventional soil or light weight screed / concrete, however Engineers, Architects facing few challenges while they choose conventional material for light weight filling.
- First and foremost challenges is weight constraint; Light weight fill should be very light in weight, it should not influence any stress or strain on the structure of the building. Load bearing constraint: light weight material should meet load specs. of consultant and contractor.
- Cost constraint: material must be cost effective in relation with conventional filling material available in the market
- Time Constraint; Work should be completed on fast track Re-design flexibility & Workability: Filling material should be easy enough to remove in case if any re-design comes in mind an over a period of usage.
- It should be good insulation, resilient, having good acoustic properties
- To comply all Environment issues such as Recycling or Re-usage & Sustainability
Which material meets all the above challenges? All civil Engineers, Architects , Contractor and Consultant unilaterally agreed without any second opinion that STYRO expanded polystyrene EPS is one of the right choice to use in all Landscaping and light weight fill applications
Benefits of Styro Green Landscaping
- It is the only material meeting all the properties of Geo Technical , Construction Engineering at affordable price, find below few Physical & Mechanical properties of STYRO EPS.
Styro Landscaping Physical properties
- Unlike traditional earth filling material it is very light weight
- It has Excellent compressive strength,
- Excellent Dimensional Stability
- Low water absorption
- Good Acoustic properties
- Flame retardant
- Good flexural Strength (From 70 to 250 KPA)
Handling at the site:
- Easy work-ability at the site, STYRO.
- EPS maximizes onsite installation efficiency It is easily inventoried and handled.
- Installation is not delayed by weather.
- STYRO EPS can arrive at the job site prefabricated and ready to place.
- 40 trucks of soil is equivalent to one truck of Styro EPS
Chemical Resistant Behaviors of Styro Landscaping:
- Non toxic , Non Nutrient , Inert material, Corrosion resistant
- It doesn’t react with most of the chemicals except solvents & Solvent vapors
- Resistant to chemical attacks
- Non – biodegradable
Environmental factors of Styro Landscaping:
- Environment friendly,
- 100 % Recyclable
- LEED ( Leadership in Energy & Environment Design approved)
- HCFC , CFC free
- Global Warming Potential (GWP) is <5
- Ozone Depleting Potential ( ODP) is Zero
- High sustainability