Why EPS is considered as Sustainable and Eco friendly Material?
- EPS is a good example of the efficient use of natural resources – it is 98% air.
- The manufacture and use of EPS does not generate any risk to health or to the environment.
- EPS does not damage the ozone layer since it does not use CFCs or HCFCs in the manufacturing process. EPS is 100 % CFC, HCFC Free material.
- The transformation process consumes little energy and does not generate waste.
- The use of EPS for thermal insulation in the construction industry contributes significant savings on heating and cooling buildings and a drastic reduction in the emission of polluting gases Co2, Co3.
- EPS packaging protects products, helping to reduce wastage and its lightweight nature helps to reduce fuel consumption.
- Non FR grade EPS can come directly into contact with foodstuffs as it meets all the prevailing international Health regulations.
- It is chemically Inert, Fungi and bacteria cannot easily grow on EPS.
- EPS makes up only a tiny part of Municipal Solid Waste (0.1%).
- EPS is 100 % Recyclable
- As it does not biodegrade EPS does not contaminate the air or water with gases or any soluble substances.
- Ozone Depletion Potential Zero (ODP=0)
- Low GWP (Global Warming Potential) thus Environment Friendly